The Barco CMS connector enables HVS to communicate and integrate with Barco CMS v2.1. Displays, perspectives and sources from Barco CMS will be seamlessly customized and synchronized within the HVS interface. In addition, HVS RTSP and ONVIF video sources can be pushed to Barco CMS. The integration relies upon the capabilities of the Barco CMS API to provide feature accessibility within HVS.
Prerequisites and Configuration Considerations
Barco CMS runs on a Windows or Linux based machine (32 or 64 bit) via OVB virtualizer as a virtual machine.
The Barco CMS connector runs on a 64 bit Windows machine.
Tested with Barco v2.1.
- The Barco CMS integration is supported in HVS versions 4.7.6 and above.
Ability to customize a Barco CMS Dislay.
- Share and unshare perspectives and sources.
- Resize perspectives and sources.
- Change display layout.
- Add HVS RTSP/ONVIF sources.
Notes on installing BARCO CMS on a VM:
- VM requires at least 8GB of memory for better usable performance/
- Enable Hardware support Virtualization (VT-X) on the VM; and Hyper-V disabled to allow it to host Delbian 64-bit OS (See Ref here https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1003945)/
- Ensure to use IE11 and not Edge, nor other browsers to connect to BARCO/
- Windows 8 or 7 families on the VM; anything higher may not be fully supported with BARCO 2.1/
- Try connecting to BARCO using https://172.16.0.1 rather than http://
- Alternate installation: export OVA to OVF and run it using VMware Workstation Player.