The Video Insight connector enables Video Insight devices to communicate and integrate with HVS. Video from these devices will be seamlessly integrated and displayed within the HVS interface. Within HVS Video Insight can then be correlated to be used with other HVS features.
Prerequisites and Configuration Considerations
- VI Monitor is installed and cameras added. Insight Web API (Insight API.exe) is also installed and running on a port (default is 9000).
- The VideoInsight connector is installed and running on a gateway machine. (and properly configured)
- Windows only
- Video channels can be discovered through the Video Insight VMS
- Tested with VI Monitor 184.108.40.206. And Insight Web API version 220.127.116.11.
- The VideoInsight integration is supported in HVS version 4.7.5 and above.
- Control PTZ Cameras through the HVS interface. Can remotely move the camera Up/Down, Left/Right, Zoom in/out
- See live video streams from within HVS map, video panel, video wall, and details page.
- Streaming directly from the HVS map
- Supports video walls within HVS
Issue: Newly added/deleted cameras do not appear in the VI Monitor
Solution 1: Wait 1 hour, as the API has a refresh time of 1 hour.
Solution 2: Restart the IP Video Web API. Also ensure the API is using the correct port. Default is 9000
Video Insight's VMS is VI Monitor.